Friday, May 19, 2006

Interstate Commerce

Since I've been a little more than a bit lazy about blogging this past week (just started my internship), I thought I'd post this little fun tidbit from Law & Alcoholism, for those of you who don't read it. (And for those of you who don't read it, I can whole heartedly recommend it, unless you dislike strong language.)

Rtd.
– This signal indicates that the cited authority is retarded, whether in reasoning, outcome, or that someone must have bashed the author in the head with a fucking brick. This signal, of course, may be used in conjunction with other signals. An explanatory parenthetical might also be helpful to explain the authority’s relevance.

Example: “During the FDR years, the Court brutally raped the Commerce Clause with an cast-iron dildo. E.g., rtd., Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942) (farmer growing wheat for own consumption is “interstate commerce”).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home