Sunday, November 26, 2006

First try at a meme

Well, I've never done a meme because, to be honest, most of them seem kinda stupid. But this one seemed interesting, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
REMEMBER DON'T CHEAT!
So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend your cool...

OPENING CREDITS: "Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus -- Okay, apparently it's going to be one of those sorts of movies.

WAKING UP: "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" by K T Tunstall -- I guess, tempo-wise, it's not a bad song to wake up to. I guess it could work as a sort of 'new beginning' type of song.

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent -- Um, okay. I'll let my commentators (hi Nicky) try and figure this one out.

FALLING IN LOVE: "Saint Simon" by The Shins -- Wait, things don't make sense? That doesn't have anything to do with falling in love, right? You can check out the lyrics here.

FIGHT SONG: "Bad Habit" by The Offspring -- Any song with the lyric "You stupid dumbshit goddamn motherfucker" can't be a bad fight song, right? But it would have made a better driving song.

BREAKING UP: "Marseillaise" by Edith Piaf -- Wow. Just wow. Apparently, while we're breaking up, I'll be watering the fields with impure blood. What can I say, I'm just romantic like that?

PROM: "Einstein on the Beach" by Counting Crows -- This is, ironically, actually appropriate.

LIFE: "Celebrity Skin" by Hole -- Again, I have no idea what this says about me. Either that I have Hole on my playlist, or that this song is supposed to represent my life. Just don't take the line about making me over too seriously

MENTAL BREAKDOWN: "Alleluia" by Leonard Cohen -- Again, oddly appropriate. What else are you going to do when someone takes your throne and cuts your hair, but have a mental breakdown? (And then tear down a temple on a bunch of Philistines, but that's not actually in the song).

DRIVING: "Full of Grace" by Sarah McLachlan -- I don't know how many of you have seen the second season of Buffy, but this actually makes a great driving song, if you're driving away from something, at least.

FLASHBACK: "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers -- I'm really not sure what kind of flashback this song would fit with. Probably some flashback from when I'm at my 10 year reunion, thinking back to prom. Or maybe as I'm driving away.

WEDDING: "Lake of Fire" by Nirvana -- This is just wrong. No wedding song should have the line "Go to a lake of fire and fry". Though, I guess some people think of marriage as hell, so maybe it's more appropriate than I thought at first.

BIRTH OF CHILD: "I'll Be There" by Escape Club -- Well, from the title it seems to make sense. But this is kind of a wierd song. The song implies that the 'I'll be there' is I'll be there in your thoughts, and you'll be in mine, but not actually present. So the kid would have a sort of 'Cat's Cradle' childhood.

FINAL BATTLE: "My Will" by Dream -- Well, this only works if my final battle is a stylized anime battle, and I have a big sword. Which I guess isn't all bad. It's the first ending theme to the anime series Inuyasha, if you were wondering. It's a bit slow and pop to be a good fight song, though.

DEATH SCENE: "Low" by Foo Fighters -- This isn't too bad. It's got lines like "Hey you / Are you in there / I'm stuck outside you, ooh," which kinda works as long as you don't think about it too hard. It's probably best to think of this coming at the end of the final fight, as my friends are getting shot down, and then at the end, they finally get me too.

FUNERAL SONG: "I Drink Alone" by George Thorogood. Well, I suppose this had to come up at some point, but if I was going to have a drinking song as my funeral song, I would have rather had 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables'. Maybe it makes more sense if you picture me in heaven with my buddies Beam and Daniels, watching my funeral.

END CREDITS: "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" from Les Miserables. I swear, I didn't know this was coming up when I wrote the previous comment. So, I guess after the funeral, there's a fade-away to my best friend drinking alone at the Delmar Lounge/Gangrenous Foot/wherever.

Well, if nothing else, I hope that list of songs gives credence to my claim to like all different sorts of music, if nothing else.

2 Comments:

Blogger nicolle said...

ted nugent? for a first day of school? that's...special...

and "empty chairs at empty tables" is one of my favourite songs ever. it made me cry the first time i heard it...it's just a fabulous song.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your prom song: ironic and appropriate. My prom song was "I might like you better if we slept together;" which was, sadly, not ironic, appropriate or accurate.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home