Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Durham Story

Last night, the Duke lacrosse rape case came up, and I was surprised to find that some friends of mine still believed that the Duke players were guilty of rape. I've been following this case with some interest, since I have a particular interest in prosecutorial misconduct. But I wasn't sure then, and am still unsure now, that I could really prove it on my own. So I'm providing some links to blog posts and newspaper articles which make this case.

First, Durham in Wonderland. This blogger, K.C. Johnson, has been following the case in great depth for a very long time. I'll probably link to several posts from here.

Second, this recent editorial, by Johnson, in the New York Post, explaining how DNA evidence exonerates the lacrosse players.

Third, a post by Johnson comparing Nifong's behavior to that of more reasonable prosecutors.

Fourth, a post by Johnson summarizing the history of the case.

Finally, let me close with a quote from the Raleigh News & Observer.
The test results from DNA Security of Burlington found DNA from at least four unidentified men in and on the accuser and excluded the entire lacrosse team as the source.
Simply put, there is no credible evidence that the four men accused of rape committed any crimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home